Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Dear Diary... (Musing the First)

... I had another date with Brad last night. We went to see Monster-in-Law... it's really great, I highly recommend it to anyone. He was late, as usual, but as I saw him approaching it was pretty easy to forgive him. Gosh, he really is a cute guy. But when we were buying tickets, he turned to me and said, "Don't worry, it's on me." I mean, how tacky! Of course it's on you, you're the guy!!!

If it hadn't been for the movie being as great as it was, the evening would have been a complete bust. It's just not... there. He walked me to my apartment and leaned in for a kiss goodnight, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I think he wanted to come upstairs with me, but after just three months, I am really not ready to be intimate with him yet. I really want to be in love before I can make love, you know?

And will I ever find love? Will I ever find that complete, can't-live-without-each-other love? It really didn't help that Jerry McGuire was on when I curled up on the couch in my sweats post-date. That movie always makes me really hopeful that I too, one day, will find my soulmate and we will live happily ever after. Call me a dreamer. Or maybe I should just be realistic and instead of looking for Mr. Perfect start looking for Mr. Good-Enough. Maybe there isn't a perfect someone for all of us, and I'm better off settling for someone who will merely love me and provide for me without that... spark.

I don't think I'll see Brad again. I should just stick to the things I know I enjoy, like shopping, hanging out with the girls, my puppy, and Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, of course! Wink!:)
Goodnight, everyone.

Hugz & Kissuz,
Attica

6 Comments:

Blogger zipco said...

when I was 12, this is what I thought women were really like. all of them. every single one of them.

the only girls that I knew that were any fun were raised by their fathers because their mother died tragically or had ran the hell off and the father (drunk all damn day you say?) wasnt interested in having a daughter anyways. so they just shut off and the girls were raised by local wolves and were adopted by the mean girls in the neighborhood. those fucking girls knew how to party.

its harder to tell with women now. it used to be that a girl who had a bloody lip from kicking the shit out some other kid for talking shit was guarenteed to kiss great. we cant be 14 forever. indicators change.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Attica Wolfcastle, Esq. said...

I was raised by wolves too. They gave me the name I have today because I was imprisoned by the shackles of the subhuman emotional void my drunk absentee father kept me in. My real name is Rosedowel. I legally changed it to Attica in 1996 to honor my lupine friends.

9:11 AM  
Blogger zipco said...

post something new girlie.

11:31 AM  
Blogger KB said...

HEY TICKETS ARE FREAKING EXPENSIVE THESE DAYS!

8:01 PM  
Blogger zipco said...

still nothing new?

give some entertainment to a bed ridden old man.

I'm dying here, you're missed.

1:22 PM  
Blogger zipco said...

i heard some word of new pictures from a long lost fox.

whens that happening?

you're missed.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home